How to Make an App for Cleaning Business?
The world is dramatically changing today and even our attitude to daily routines isn’t the same as 10 or 20 years ago. And it’s not only about liking or disliking the household chores!
In some cases, cleaning services can free time for more important tasks and arrangements. Moreover, nowadays it often becomes more cost-effective to invite a cleaner rather than do this work yourself, not to mention the increased interest in on-demand services.
As a Company operating in this industry, you can get your own benefits from Cleaning Business App Development:
- People spend more and more time on their phones, leaving desktops noticeably behind. By developing a mobile app for cleaning business you will have a chance to efficiently interact with these people as well.
- With your custom icon on the display, your business will always stay in sight of users.
- You can use Push Notifications to retarget users and remind them to book your services e.g. on a bi-weekly basis.
- The whole booking flow will be much simpler which should increase your conversion rates.
Are you filled with enthusiasm? That’s great! But before starting to plan your Development Budget, there are 2 key questions that require your attention:
- Take a deep look at your audience: do they need a Mobile Application? People of 25-40 years old are the best audience for mobile solutions since they’ve used to do as many things as possible through their smartphones.
- Create your USP - something that will make your more noticeable than your competitors. What unique advantages are you ready to offer your audience? What’s going to make you special compared to other market players?
If you think that Online Scheduling App for Cleaning Business will meet the expectations of your audience and you have a few trumps to beat your competitors, this article is exactly for you.
Let’s start our guide on how to create a Mobile App for Cleaning Business by figuring out what features your MVP should include.
📱 Cleaning Business App Development: Core Features
In a nutshell, your mobile cleaning booking Project will consist of 2 software products:
- User App - the client’s side - that will let your customers to book your services.
- Admin Panel (or a Web App) - the company’s side - to manage incoming requests.
Let’s get down to the details of each application!
# 1: Sign Up & Profile Management
This functionality is quite basic for different kinds of mobile apps as you could notice it in our previous articles. The same is true if you want to make an App for Cleaning Business.
So as not to waste your time explaining the ABCs, let’s focus on development tips and how this feature can help your business grow.
Here are some things to keep in mind that will help you make the Sign Up process fast, user-friendly and not annoying:
- Keep the Sign Up for the last stage.
For your type of app there’s no need to ask users for registration right away when they open your app. So we’d recommend showing the Sign Up screen at the end of the booking process.
- Social Login is a must-have.
Do you remember how irritating it is to fill the same information every time you want to sign up in a new app or a website? Your users do! That’s why they usually push a “sign up later” button but this “later” never comes.
From the tech perspective, we would solve this task by integrating the Social Login APIs that will allow taking all the needed information (name & email) from the social media accounts. We recommend providing such possibility for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram + your local popular social network (if any).
- Ask for the minimal information.
However, not everyone may be happy to register in your application via their private social profile. In this case, provide users with a fast and easy registration process.
One more thing: we recommend asking only user’s name and email at this stage. Later, you’ll be able to ask additional information to complete the profile but as for now, it’s more than enough.
But why do you need it at all? What’s the use of Personal Profiles for your audience and company?
For users, it’s a great possibility to save the needed data for quick access in future, keep record and manage their bookings, take advantage of personalized offers and use your service from different platforms or devices.
For your business, it’s a great possibility to form closer ties with your audience and keep your retention rates at a good level.
# 2: Booking Flow
The Booking Flow is rather a set of features that supports the core functionality of your application.
The first thing your users are supposed to do is to specify the request. Possible options greatly depend on your business model and the services that you provide:
- If you offer complex cleaning (not a specific cleaning services), users just have to write the number, type and area of rooms to be cleaned. This model is used in the Handy app - you can check it to have a live example in front of your eyes.
- However, if you provide more specific services (for example, users can choose window or furniture cleaning), leave a possibility to choose what exactly users want to book.
Scheduling is another key element here, too. When the scope of work is defined, let people choose when exactly they need your services: either right now or on a specific time and date in the future.
Pro’ tip: leave an option to set up repeated cleanings (for example, fortnightly) to win a repeating customer.
Since all services are provided by your staff, users’ requests will be matched with any available cleaner (either automatically or manually through the Admin Panel).
# 3: Payment + Reviews
No doubt, that most users will prefer to pay for your service right in the app. However, we’d also recommend you to leave a cash payment option as well, so as not to cut off those who can’t or don’t want to pay via card.
Since your Project will involve in-app payments, it’s crucial to choose a secure and fast payment gateway. What tools fall under this description? Read on, we’ll share our recommended Tech Stack for creating an Online Scheduling App for Cleaning Business closer to the end of the article!
Additionally, let users rate your cleaners (a traditional 5-star rating system will be fine) and leave more detailed reviews (for example, write your own text or choose what things require improvement - timing, quality or something else).
Later on you can use this information to see how your employees perform and take data-driven decisions (for example, what is to be improved).
# 4: Manage Bookings
Don’t forget to put users in control of their own bookings.
Booked cleaning but forgot the date or time? Caught a cold and need to cancel booking? These are the typical situations when the Bookings Screen can help a lot!
Here users should be able to view and manage their bookings (for example, cancel them or change the time or date).
If you decide to include the chatting or calling feature, the relevant buttons can be also placed on this screen, making it more easy to get in touch with your cleaner and specify some details.
# 5: Push Notifications
Push Notifications are an extremely effective marketing and retargeting tool. And here are a few reasons why you should make an App for Cleaning Business and include them.
First, they improve the UX. For example, notification messages remind about upcoming bookings a few days in advance or notify users when a maid is already on her way to the client’s house.
Moreover, push notifications can become a powerful driver of your sales. Just a few ideas to consider:
- Once in a fortnight, you may advise users to book a cleaning so as to keep their house or flat tidy.
- You may run massive marketing campaigns and keep users informed using notification messages (for example, a “Clean Tuesday” event during which users will be able to book services with some discount).
See? That’s why we always include Push Notifications in the MVP-Scope of our Projects.
The last piece of the Сleaning Business App Development puzzle is the Web Application. In a few words, this is a web-platform (it’s also known as an Admin Panel) where you can control and manage all business processes.
More specifically, its core features are:
|🧹 Cleaners Management
Add or remove your cleaning staff and edit their profile information.
|💳 Financial Accounting
Keep track of money earnings, control your revenue, see how you perform over time.
|🔔 Promotions & Push Notifications
Send push notifications and run marketing campaigns to boost your revenue.
|🔎 Track Bookings
View all ongoing and finished bookings in real time and on a map.
|🧼 Manage Services
Decide what cleaning services your users will be able to choose and set fares.
|📊 Big Data & Analytics
Get useful insights of your audience’s preferences and behavioural patterns.
Finally, you’re done. Don’t forget that to make an App for Cleaning Business your Development Team will have to create two separate software products: the User App and the Admin Panel.
You may also want to enhance your application with advanced functionality. Here are 3 more features that will improve the UX and help you stand out from competitors.
What Advanced Features to Include?
In general, there are 2 ways to create a Mobile App for Cleaning Business and achieve market success with it:
- You should either take a specific niche where you don’t have competitors.
- Or you should have some USP that puts you in a more favourable position.
Let us review a few examples of features that can go beyond users’ expectations and may add a few additional points to the overall impression of your application.
First, it’s possible to integrate an in-app chat or calling feature. It may be useful when users need to mention special instructions to cleaners or ask some questions.
You may (quite fairly) assume that it will allow people to make side arrangements. However, we faced the same challenge when working on the Pocket Promoter app and our solution was both simple and effective: the feature should become available only after the payment is done.
Second, you can build an app for booking cleaning where users will be able to see the real-time status of their bookings. Moreover, push notifications (like “your maid is on the way” or “the cleaner has arrived”) will keep users informed about what’s going on with their arrangement.
Finally, we can build an App for Maid Services Company with GPS-tracking. Together with a live map, it will provide users with the possibility to check how far the cleaner is right now and how much time it can possibly take to get to the user’s house.
To implement these and previously mentioned features (from the MVP-Scope) your Dev Squad will need to use specific technical tools. Here are our recommendations for you!
🛠 Tech Stack for Developing a Mobile App for Cleaning Business
As a Mobile App Development Agency, we’re often acting as a remote CTO for our clients. Therefore, we usually have to pick up the right toolkit depending on project requirements and budget.
To create a Mobile App for Cleaning Business, we would suggest the following development tools:
- Braintree SDK and Stripe API will be a great choice to implement a payment system.
- For Push Notifications, you may use FCM (Firebase Cloud Messaging), Amazon SNS or OneSignal services.
- Facebook, Instagram and Twitter APIs are something that you will need to implement the Social Login feature.
- If you decide to implement the GPS-tracking, Текст
Google Maps SDK is your best helper here.
- We recommend building the app using React Native. This will allow building a cost-effective cross-platform app with native UX.
If you’re looking for a reliable technical partner to craft a Scalable Mobile Product for your Company or Startup, we’re ready to share our knowledge and expertise with you. In general, your Cleaning Business App Development Process should be organised in such a way:
- Define core elements of the future Digital Product.
- Find an App Dev Agency that will prepare an Estimate and go through the Discovery Phase to pick up an appropriate Tech Stack & create the Roadmap.
- Build an app for booking cleaning (an MVP) and bring it to the market. Check if your Product solves the pain of your audience.
Ready to skyrocket your business and build an App for Booking Cleaning? Drop us a line by hitting the button below!